To create a healthy and successful learning environment in our classroom, we have a few basic rules:
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Practice self-control.
- Make good choices.
- Have a good attitude.
- Take an active part and always do your best!
Positive Consequences for Following the Rules:
- Class Points
- Clean Desk Awards (Dust Fairy)
- Friday Fun
Consequences for Bad Choices:
- Loss of Privileges- Progressive Report (Parent/Guardian Signature Required)
- Lunch Detention
- Parent Conference
Things to Remember
Things to Remembertitle
- Label everything: Backpacks, clothing, and lunches all need to have first initials and last names on them.
- Lunch money: Place lunch money in an envelope or ziplock bag and write your child's name on the outside. Teachers will keep lunch ticket booklets to distribute during school.
- Tardies/Absences: Late students need to get a "late slip" from the office before coming to class. Absent students need an "admit slip" the day they return to class.
- Birthdays: To prevent hurt feelings, birthday invitations may not be distributed at school. Your child may celebrate his/her birthday at school by bringing a treat for all. Check with the teacher for appropriate times. Children with summer birthdays can celebrate half birthdays or can have a joint school party in June.
- Parent Volunteers: For safety reasons, parent volunteers sign in at the office and wear a nametag while on campus during school hours. Any parent wishing to drive on field trips must have an insurance form on file.
- Conferences/Progress Reports: Conferences are held in the Fall and Spring. Additional conferences can be made by special arrangement with the teacher. Progress reports are given three times per semester.